Thursday 5 January 2017

Slowboat 2016

This was a brilliant evening.
Probably one of my most enjoyable Slowboats.
There were vast quantities of noodles, the duck was magnificent, there seemed to be talking competitions on various tables, the dancefloor was never empty thanks to Cookie, some of us had fits of giggles over the most ridiculous things and we even did a group dance floor plank. Our daughter won the Heads and Tails prize which was possibly something new that she didn't want in the first place if I can remember what the heck it was, the glowing bangles and flashing luminous jelly rings went down a treat, and I was only up till 1am the night before doing the seating plan which was a record.

Imagine the stress then, when the texts began to ping with several people cancelling at the last minute, a couple of people didn't actually turn up at all. Hmmmm. Nick-the-Slowboat and I remained calm and we moved tables and chairs and rearranged people and it was all absolutely fabulous. We glowed and ate and rhymed and heads and tailed and danced all night and we are going to do it again very soon :)








Emma and her mum Anne


"Are you Ali's sister?"



The Aqua lot. Mel,Judith,Carol, Julie

JoLowe












Kate Mandy Vanessa

Nicola Ali Jo Kate

The Graehame's (Graeme and Graham) entertaining Lynette


I love these chaps.


How gorgeous are Rebecca and Katrina?!


Kieran did a runner hahaha (He ran back in again)


To be fair, we are not a bad advert for spinning ...

Michelle and Sharon from Aqua

Mid giggles. At one point Tami and I were nearly crying laughing.

Gym Bods polished off every morsel of food, no wonder they needed cake.

Nik and Donna, you are just gorgeous.

I bore one of them and inherited the other :)

NickTheSlowboat did an awesome job.

Lynette had a glowing hug.

Bearing in mind Malcolm had been stood up he seemed to be having a very good time on his table with these babes.


Team HennaHolliBreadmanGlowe


I LOVE this girl.

Kay wooped.

Playing with the boys indeed. 

Shiny happy fave people

OMG OMG Linds and CERI!! CERI!!

NOT guilty. Cookie said "PLANK!" not me.

WINNER WINNER! Anyone who goes to Zanzibar and does a plank like this is a VERY WORTHY WINNER.


This team loved being part of it all.

Goodbye glasses and headgear haha


It's nearly Christmas once again
That can only mean one thing.
We're having some fun at the Slowboat
All dressed up in our bling.
We've ditched our favourite trainers
Were trying to walk in heels
Just to be less sweaty for once,and
Oh how nice that feels.
But tonight is not just MY night.
It's YOUR big party really
Next year will by MY night
Cos I'll be 60 nearly
(gotta point out I'm not 59 yet)
Twenty Sixteen was a crazy year-
Brexit? Donald Trump??
I'd rather not think about either of those
I'd rather run or jump.
Running, Swimming, Cycling...
A triathlete does the lot
LUCY! You're a triathlete now
Though tonight you're looking HOT.
Well done on your triathlon!
3 hours? That's so so good
Kieran wants to join you next year
Is that right Burger, you said you would.
She also did Tough Mudder
Cholmondley Castle in the mud
She's just a blummin superstar
I'd join you if I could
(But I'm not that keen on mud)
Who else deserves a mention?
It's gotta be Postman Paul
LONDON MARATHON 2017
Do not hit the wall.
Paul runs marathons for fun
Are you listening Jo?
Jo is a new born runner
There's only one way that will go.
Couch to 5k for starters
Now Parkrun every weekend
A Half Marathon is surely next for you
You could even ask your friends
Remember when you were sozzled
And you managed to persuade them all
to Join you, hungover, on Boxing Day
To Run around the Walls
(oh and by the way it's £16!!)
Nem and I did the Chester Half and 
Lisa ran it too
We ran together all the way
Such a lovely thing to do.
But Nem and I were tiring
Lisa, though, looked like MO,
 And although I didn't mean it, I
Said "GO, Lisa, just GO!"
She blummin did! She beat us, by a
Minute and a half.
So I made her plank at the finish
Yay, it was ME who had the last larf.
We also have some cyclists here
A Graham and a Graeme
One rode to Newcastle in a headwind that nearly killed him 
And the other did a 60 mile Lake District mayhem.
I wonder where they train to get
Their legs so strong and thin
Oh YES they come to my class
To my Aliholli spin!
Your planks have been magnificent
And I'm really rather flattered
That you're thousands of miles away on holiday
And it's my PLANK that really matters.
The Album's looking great, so I
Think we should keep it going
It makes no difference where you are
Whether it's sunny or it's snowing
Besides, I'm about to do some more
We're off to the Caribbean
But much to their disappointment
We're not taking Emma and Ian.
Instead we have a wedding! I'm going to be
Mother of the Bride
Nic is getting married in Greece
So a family plank on the beach must be tried.
Anyway....
It's you lot who make my job such fun
I love you all to bits
Especially my adorable Aqua lot
With your soaking wet jiggly bits.
Vicar's Cross will always be
My fave place  to leap about.
But spinning with the lads on a Friday night 
That's gotta be in with a shout.
CJ you're adorable
Andrew-he just sweats in a heart
Lyn, I absoutely love you lots
And Claire's a Walking Work of Art.
Claire! OMG Claire!  OMG Claire!
You HAVE to COME UP HERE!
Your Zanzibar plank...yes ZANZIBAR!!
Has won this year's Plank Of The Year!
Basically I love you all
You're all such super fun
Thank you all for coming tonight
Now have a happy one.
Before we dance- a special thanks
To the wonderful Slowboat crowd
I'm sure they love us really
I hope we're not too loud.
Cheers to everybody
Happy Christmas to you all
Happy Healthy 2017 
Thanks! God bless you all.


Cookie was fab, we didn't stop dancing


No comments: