Monday 2 January 2017

Schonbrunn


Oh my goodness where do I start with today?
Schonbrunn!!
Schonbrunn is the most visited place in Vienna.
Just look at the grounds. 
We were waiting for our guided tour so walked the gardens and it was perfect timing as the bedding plants were being pulled up. Tomorrow would not be this colourful at all.



The Fountain of Neptune was causing giggles and hilarity with the wind blowing the spray all over people but it didn't stop me planking on it, don't be silly.




YES there really WERE pandas in the neighbouring zoo.


Yes really. 


AARRRGGGGHHHHH haha




I just so happened to have my breakfast apple in my pocket.
But where is my POOCH?


Husb was on duty.


The guided tour was superb. Our guide was so funny, telling the story of Theresia and Frank (Francis) Joseph  and their children Joseph and Leopold, oh and the other 14, and how their only intention was to marry them off while saving money on the incidentals like an iron bed, in order to spend it on other wonderful showy offy stuff to impress their guests and Sisi doing eleventy hundred laps of the garden to keep slim because she had seen her relection in the zillion pound mirror at the stop of the plush main staircase. It was all wonderful stuff and the guide was a fantastic storyteller. 

DO THE GUIDED TOUR.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

No comments: