Sunday 8 January 2017

CHRISTMAS at NGA and MY LAST LEAP

 We had the usual festive splashing at Aqua with soggy antlers and damp baubles, and I even tried to do a "Helen" with my pool selfie.





The Aqua crowd are fabulous fun, they join in with anything and everything. They always make a great effort at Christmas and this year every single one of them had a Christmasy item on their head or in their ears. I had more Christmas tunes than ever this year thanks to Spotify, so we had a lot of festive fun. My Octopussy ringlets flashed for an hour despite being soaked YAY.
And I'm still chuffed to bits that Marion brings her granddaughter to keep fit. Or put another way, Claire comes to keep fit with her Grandma. How ace is that !


But...
 I had to say goodbye to Hi Energy.

For 33 years I have bounced about on various stages (with different levels of safety!) (I've had some interesting experiences) (and as a consequence gained another nickname "Skippy") but the management decided it was time for a change and introduced the trendy (but it''s just Aerobics) Body Attack by Les Mills. Having now done the class, I feel a bit sad that I have been replaced with something so similar (but also a bit random)
But hey, I'm moving on.

So I did my LAST LEAP.

Hi Energy at Northgate has been MY LIFE for 33 years and I have made lifelong friends along the way. We became a very social group with nights out, theatre trips and bus rides to Blackpool but trends change and nowadays the public want Bootcamp, Les Mills, runs in the mud and dance classes. 

But although it is "Goodbye stage and Arenarobics", it is NOT goodbye to my mates.


Here are some of them.
"Wake Up and be Awesome"
"Do your Own Thing"
:)


I will always be grateful for the fantastic support that you guys have given me over the years. 
I try to make people feel welcome and part of the group and as a result I consider a lot of you as my extended family. Thank you to each and every one of you for making my job so much fun. We have had a lot of fun warbling to the Spice Girls, knee-lifting to Enola Gay and groaning when Waterloo comes on. It has been wonderful to help keep you sane whist keeping you fit. :) Long may we continue. Just not at Northgate.     


Flowers from Debbie, thank you :)


Christmas spin was also fun. No these are not tinsel pigtails!


But they ARE sort of Christmas pudding earrings that nearly gave me two black (brown) eyes!
They were a good idea until I started spinning.



CHEERS


Square One Shenanigans

More spin celebrations. There is a spin bike under us lot somewhere!



While these two were pondering the question of Human or Dancer, WE were enjoying some delicious Guinness Gingerbread made by Val. Wow. Tasty stuff and so moreish my extra bits didn't actually make it home.



Christmas is  always great fun but it was so nice to do my first spin after Christmas without a dellybopper, tinsel or baubles on my head. 



No comments: